Monday, September 7, 2009

17 Years

It's taken me 17 years to learn that Pluto really isn't a planet.
It's taken me 17 years to get my license.
It's taken me 17 years to have my own precious dog named Tycho.
It's taken me 17 years to understand how to make hemp jewelry.
It's taken me 17 years to realize that swimming isn't a sport,
it's a cult.
It's taken me 17 years for my body to fully mature and grow.
It's taken me 17 years to go biking downtown with a friend
who could appreciate the journey, not the destination.
It's taken me 17 years and many friends to determine
that they can't be trusted.
It's taken me 17 years to finally be able to know how to
use and apply eyeliner.
It's taken me 17 years to discover all of the fun and rewarding
experiences I could have with just a smile targeted towards a complete stranger.
It's taken me 17 years to have something in common with you.
It's taken me 17 years of following you and your friends
around the house while trying to blend in with the group.
It's taken me 17 years to finally to hang out with you.
It's taken me 17 years to see that you're not so bad after all
and maybe I can trust you.
It's taken me 17 years to share something I love with you.
It's taken me 17 years to understand that I'm trying
too hard to be your friend.
It's taken me 17 years to figure out that we really don't have
anything in common, I just hoped that we did.
It's taken me 17 years to grasp the fact that as a woman of
22-years old, you're nowhere near as mature as a child in junior high.
It's taken me 17 years to conclude that you don't have
a lot of bad days, you're simply a bitch.
It's taken me 17 years to be told that you judge me
and make assumptions about me.
It's taken me 17 years of craving for your attention to be shown
that you're truely not a good example.
It's taken me 17 years of wanting to be your friend to be devastatingly
shown that you don't have what I'm desperately searching for.
It's taken me 17 years for reality to rub in my face that I've wasted
those years idolizing you to learn that you are truely pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment